I've been told that the Spanish word, picadillo, means "small sin" Nothing sinful about this taco recipe unless you get crazy with some intense hot sauce.
This is a really fast and convenient recipe for two especially when your in camp or at the RV park and don't want to spend a lot of time in the outdoor kitchen but you want more than what comes with that freeze dried stuff in a bag.
- 6 oz ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Dash of your favorite hot sauce (optional or include as a topping)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 Tbs raisins (golden raisins will give it a nice color)
- 4 6" tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- chopped tomato
- Combine all ingredients except the salsa and raisins and cook until ground beef is browned.
- Add salsa and raisins.
- Remove enough briquettes to bring the mixture to a simmer and heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill the tortillas as desired.
- Serve with toppings.
8 or 10" Dutch oven or a cast iron skillet Start with about 13 briquettes on the bottom. If you use a cast iron skillet make sure that it sits on a sturdy trivet and high enough to place briquettes underneath.