Here's another recipe for a small group of 4. And I suspect it will be an easy cleanup since there won't be much left in the pot.
- 1/2 pound spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- In Dutch oven add the olive oil, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until the onions become translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, including the juice.
- Stir and let cook for minute.
- Add the pasta.You can brake the pasta up into pieces as they are easier to fit in the pot
- Add the taco seasoning.
- Add the three cups of chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook until spaghetti noodles start to get limp.
- Add the diced chicken.
- Reduce so that the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir often so that the pasta does not stick to the bottom. If you need to you can add more chicken stock or water.
- When all the liquid is used up the dish is done. Place into individual bowls and top with cheese if desired.
This can be done in a 10" Dutch oven or a cast iron skillet. Start with 13 briquettes on the bottom and adjust when the temperature needs to be reduced for a simmer.