- 1 pkg (1/4 oz) Rapid rise yeast
- 3 cups sourdough starter
- 4 - 5 Tbls sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2-1/2 Tbls baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 - 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbls butter, melted
- Pre-heat Dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast into sourdough starter.
- Whisk in sugar and let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk in oil, baking powder and salt.
- Taste starter and add more salt if too tart.
- Slowly stir in flour until it makes a soft dough but not sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out 16 rounds or squares, cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Place in pre-heated Dutch oven and bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve.