Ron and Sandy have been making this Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake all season, using a 10″ bundt pan and a 12″ Dutch Oven. It is spectacular on the table and tastes delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple rings in 100% juice (reserve the juice)
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow or pineapple cake mix
- 1 box (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk + juice from pineapple can
- Preheat Dutch Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the bundt pan by generously applying baking spray (pan release spray for baking)
- Melt the butter and evenly pour into the bottom of the pan; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half and alternate with the maraschino cherries in bundt pan, as shown in the picture. Set aside.
- Drain the pineapple juice into a measuring cup and add enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid.
- In a large bowl, stir the cake mix and pudding mix together; add milk and pineapple juice, eggs and vegetable oil. Stir until just combined.
- Carefully pour batter over the fruit in the bundt pan. Place in preheated Dutch Oven and bake until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan; slide a knife around the edges, including the inner ring; invert onto a serving plate.
For a 350 degree F 12" Dutch Oven, use 17 coals above and 8 coals below.