This is a really great and simple recipe for dutch oven cooking. It was shared by Mark Wilkins who devotes a great deal of time towards the Cowboy Way and the American Heritage of Chuck Wagon Cooking.
- 4 ears of Corn on the Cob cut in half
- Kielbasa Sausage Links
- Diced Onions
- Diced Celery
- Diced Green Chilies
- Diced Potatoes
- Diced Bell Peppers
- Pork Chops/Ribs/your choice
- Couple cans Cream of ............ soup
- Stand and line the edge of a Deep Dutch oven with the corn on the cob;
- Place a link of Kielbasa Sausage between each Corn.
- Place in the well your diced stuff, beginning with the onions & celery.
- Pour a can of Cream of ...... soup of your choice in over the veggies.
- Now place your seasoned pork on top of all that.
- Smother with the other can of soup. These soups can each be different, or the same -- up to you.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 60 minutes. In a 12" oven place 15 briquettes on top and 9 on the bottom. Use your sense of smell. When you get that wonderful aroma happening the dish is probably done but you will probably want to check the temperature of the pork with a thermometer.
- A couple we've tried are the Campbells Southwest Pepper Jack, or Cheddar Cheese. Experiment & have some fun with this One-Pot meal that is sure to please!
The soups can each be different, or the same -- up to you. A couple we've tried are the Campbells Southwest Pepper Jack, or Cheddar Cheese. Cream of Celery is very good as well. Experiment & have some fun with this One-Pot meal that is sure to please!