- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- Garlic to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 jar of marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce if there isn't any marinara on hand
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf of fresh Italian bread, sliced
- Place entire bag of meatballs, garlic onion powder, salt and pepper in oven with sauce and cook over medium heat until warmed completely through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir as needed to keep meatballs from sticking to pot.
- Once heated through remove oven from heat and place meatballs and sauce in a bowl. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out oven and wipe a thin coat of oil on inside bottom and sides of pot.
- Take the slices of Italian bread and line the pan all the way around the sides of the oven. If you choose you can also add a layer of bread to the bottom of the oven.
- Place meatballs and sauce back in the oven and layer mozzarella and Italian blend cheeses over meatballs topping off with the Parmesan.
- The bread slices will be standing up on the sides of the oven.
- Place 18 briquettes on the lid and 8 briquettes under the oven.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
You have creative freedom with the bread. You can lightly butter and garlic the bread prior to placing it in the pan if you prefer or even brush lightly with olive oil and garlic. The choice is yours.