So moist and sweet; is there anything quite as wonderful as freshly baked warm banana bread? Amy’s Grandma make this banana bread recipe hundreds of times, and it is full of banana flavor. It works very well in a camp dutch oven, and warms the chill off a morning when served with butter for breakfast.
A 6-cup bundt pan fits perfectly in a 10″ Deep Dutch Oven, making this banana bread extra beautiful on the picnic table. It can also be made in a loaf pan or in a standard cake pan.
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Place the trivet in the 10" Deep Dutch Oven and preheat for approximately 15 minutes (16 coals on top, 7 below).
- In a bowl with a wooden spoon, mash bananas. Then stir in sugar and eggs, mixing well until the mixture is fully combined. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spray the 6-cup bundt pan with baking spray (or grease and flour), then add the batter.
- Place the bundt pan on the trivet in the base of the Dutch Oven and secure the lid. Refresh coals as needed.
- Depending upon local conditions (temperature, wind) the banana bread will be done in approximately 25-40 minutes. When done it will appear golden brown, will pull away from the edges of the pan, and a skewer will come out clean. Remove the bundt pan from the Dutch Oven and turn the bread out onto a plate to cool.