This is a variation on traditional dump cakes in that all of the ingredients are mixed rather than layered. So, if you want a more classic type of cake this is the recipe for you.
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 Tbs root beer, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 16-oz container vanilla frosting
- Combine 1-1/2 cups root beer, eggs, and oil in large bowl and mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into lightly oiled preheated 350 degree Dutch oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- Beat remaining root beer into vanilla frosting.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake.
12" Dutch oven. 15 briquettes on top. 9 briquettes on the bottom. You might need to adjust the number of briquettes up or down a bit based on the weather conditions.
Tip: You can use strips of parchment paper and fashion an X shaped sling that extends above the lid of the oven. When the dump cake is done this will assist you in removing the cake.