This is probably the easiest dump cake I've made. With the fresh fruit the flavor seems to be much better as well. Of course you can use different fruits and varieties of cake mix.
- 1 lb fresh peaches - sliced
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- Peel and slice fresh peaches.
- Add sliced fresh peaches to a 12" Dutch oven.
- Spread dry spice cake mix evenly on top of peaches.
- Cut butter into pats and place evenly over top of cake mix.
- Cover and bake for 45 - 60 minutes.
You don't need to add additional liquid since the juice from the fresh fruit will will be enough.
Place 15 briquettes on the Dutch oven lid and 9 on the bottom. Adjust these numbers up or down depending on the weather.