Dutch Oven Rotini Taco Bake
- 1 Lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced approx. 1 cup
- 1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (7 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 Lb rotini, uncooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Break up and Brown ground beef in lightly oiled Dutch oven for about 8 - 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix, chilies, salsa.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Remove enough briquettes from the bottom cover and add briquettes to the the top according to the note.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until rotini is cooked to your satisfaction.
- In the last couple of minutes of baking add the cheese. Cheese may be added afterwards if you prefer.
12" Dutch Oven 15 briquettes on bottom. Only bottom heat required at first. When simmering there should be about 15 briquettes on top and 9 on the bottom.