Butter Milk Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter very cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Cut the butter into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles course meal.
- Add the buttermilk and mix JUST until combined. Mixture should be very wet.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board.
- Gently, gently PAT (do NOT roll with a rolling pin) the dough out until it's about 1/2" thick.
- Fold the dough about 5 times & gently press the dough down to a 1 inch thick.
- Use a round cutter to cut into rounds.
- Place the biscuits 12” dutch oven
- Use 8 coals on bottom and 18-20 coals on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes rotating lid & pot every 5 minutes
Contributed by Mike Whitenight