Cinnamon Flop Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 TBLS vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar(can be adjusted to taste)
- 4 TBLS butter
- Variation( 2 cups fruit blueberries, black berries and peaches are good)
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder and salt together
- Combine Milk and oil.
- Add egg.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture & wisk until batter is smooth
- Grease bottom and sides of 10” oven
- Pour mixture into Dutch oven
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of batter
- Scatter small clumps of brown sugar on top of batter
- Cut hickory not size chucks of butter and scatter on top of batter( this draws the brown sugar down into the cake)
- Use 7 coals on bottom and 16-17 coals on top.
- Rotate lid & pot every 10 minutes.
- Cook for 35-40 min.
- Test with toothpick. Toothpick should come out clean unless stuck into the gooey brown sugar
- For a fruit flop, do not use brown sugar and butter. Mix 2 cups of fruit into batter. Cooking time remains the same