Ron cooked up this recipe at our DOG held during Establishment Day at Hopewell Furnace. He told me he found the recipe by browsing the Internet and came across something called American Goulash. Not satisified, Ron added corn, peppers, oregano, and thyme and probably something I forgot. What came out of his black pot was a rave so it deserve's his name in front of the recipe title.
- 2 Lbs ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- Oregano to taste
- 2 Tbs dried basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs seasoned salt
- Pepper to taste
- Thyme to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- Brown ground beef over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in onions, garlic, corn an bell peppers. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce,oregano, basil, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.